Jun 03, 2020 11:00 - 12:30
Join Clare Norman for this virutal workshop
Clare is a Professional Certified Coach with the International Coach Federation, a certified supervisor. She majors in leader and transition coaching, action learning, coach supervision and mentor coaching.
Clare has just published her book Mentor Coaching: A Practical Guide
If we declare that we want to be the best coach we can be for our thinkers, the most robust way to stay sharp is to be observed and given structured feedback related to our competence by someone who knows what great looks and sounds like.
It’s about regularly bringing ourselves back to conscious competence (Broadwell 1969):
- Never forgetting that there is always more to learn about the practice of coaching.
- Never getting so arrogant that we believe we have nothing left to learn.
- Never getting stuck in unconscious competence or indeed slipping into unconscious incompetence.
Mentor coaching is not just for those coaches seeking an ICF credential: it is for lifelong professional development for every coach, at every level of the profession.
Mentor coaching enables us to improve the way we show up in the room.
How coaches show up in the room is more important than how much we know about the theory behind coaching.
In this 90 minute session, you will learn:
- What mentor coaching is and how it is different from supervision
- How it challenges us to coach at our edge for the benefit of our thinkers
- How it works