From Jun 29, 2018 to Feb 15 2019
5 full days
This programme is designed to develop skills which will support you in taking the first step into a leadership role. It is aimed at elected Members who have a good understanding of the role and want to further develop their skills in preparation for opportunities to take on a senior leadership role. Running over 12 months, the programme consists of a 360 degree evaluation and one-to-one feedback, followed by 5 sessions exploring different leadership attributes. As a participant on this programme, you will enjoy wider networking opportunities and access to wider peer support.
|Day 1||29 Jun 18||Exeter City Council|
|Day 2||21 Sep 18||Mid Devon DC|
|Day 3||9 Nov 18 ||Devon County Council|
|Day 4||15 Feb 19||Devon County Council|
|Day 5||5 Apr 19||Somerset County Council|
Senior Leadership 360 degree evaluation
Module 1 - Introduction and Personal Leadership
- The role of a leader and different leadership styles
- Peer networking
Module 2 - Communication Skills
- Impact and influence through your communication style
- Different methods of communication
- Emotional intelligence, building rapport and trust
Module 3 - Strategic Decision Making in Different Governance Arrangements
- Taking a strategic overview and making decisions
- Different governance arrangements
- The role that officers play in supporting your success
- Alternative working arrangements
Module 4 - Chairing Skills
- Complex aspects of chairing internal and external meetings
- Protocols and procedures
- Managing difficult public meetings to a successful conclusion
- What makes a good chair and effective meeting management
Module 5 - Leadership Challenge
This final session will be developed to explore in greater depth an issue which the group feel is a current leadership challenge
There is also the optional opportunity for participants to undertake the Advanced Community Leadership Award at a discounted price of £299 + VAT by completing an assessed case study on a theme of your choice.
email@example.com or call 01823 270101
"Excellent networking opportunity"
"A worthwhile day and you learn much from other colleagues and realise you are not alone!"
"Useful to meet with councillors from a wide range of authorities/different geographical areas with a range of experience"
"Well worth attending. Added greatly to the knowledge of what needs to be addressed in the carrying out of one's duties and responsibilities"
" A worthwhile programme to undertake"
Member organisations: £345 for the full programme
(All prices subject to VAT)