Oct 03, 2018
Dennett House, 11 Middle Street, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 1SH - this course can also be delivered on an in-house basis
This one day event explores the successful recruitment, retention and development of volunteers. It also considers relevant legislation, your responsibilities and dealing with under performance.
- Understanding volunteers – who does and doesn’t volunteer and why
- Volunteer roles and organisational contribution
- Skills, knowledge and attributes of volunteers
- Finding and recruiting volunteers
- Effective engagement and communication
Development and Retention
- Developing performance of Volunteers
- Motivating and Rewarding Volunteers
- Positive Culture and Retention of Volunteers
- The employment status of volunteers
- The differences between employment contracts and volunteer agreements
- Recruiting and selecting volunteers
- Having appropriate volunteer policies in place
- Legislation that impacts on volunteer agreements and relationships
- Managing underperformance of volunteers
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01823 270101
"The tutors were excellent, amazing and inspirational”
"My confidence has improved - knowing that I'm doing the right thing as I have the knowledge"
"The course has helped me identify the areas I need to develop personally to ensure that I am an effective team leader/manager. It has helped me understand how different people learn and how different people are motivated"
"It has highlighted to myself and my managers measures that could easily be put in place to improve my own performance and that of my team as a whole"
Member Organisations: £160
Non-Member Organisations: £200
(All prices subject to VAT. Discounts for multiple bookings may apply)