From Jun 19, 2017 to Oct 16 2017
Eastwood Park Conference Centre, Falfield, Wotton-Under-Edge, Gloucestershire, GL12 8DA
**PLEASE NOTE IF NUMBERS ARE LOW THIS VENUE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
Block 1: 19, 20 and 21 June 2017
Block 2: 17, 18 and 19 July 2017
Revision Day: 16 October 2017
Please note: this is not a residential course and accommodation is not included
This course has been designed for candidates taking the written requirements for the service delivery module in Intelligence and Investigative Principles.
The course has been created to provide the tools to be able to prepare for the forthcoming exams. It will consist of seven training days, made up of blocks of learning plus a revision training day prior to the November 2017 exam cycle.
Each day of each block of training is scheduled to start at 9.30am with a 4.30pm finish (approximate). Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Full details (along with other important information) can be found at the TSI website: www.tsi.org.uk
- Offences and defences – purpose, structure, inter-relationship, statutory definitions
- Police and Criminal Evidence Act – rules/admissibility of evidence, codes of practice, cautions
- Plan and structure an investigation – syndicate work on case studies
- Writing witness statements – acceptable and unacceptable practice
- Skills of investigation – interviewing witnesses and defendants
- Preparing the prosecution report – meeting legal and other requirements, disclosure of evidence, retention of unused material
- Hints on behaviour in Court – giving evidence