From Nov 21, 2017 to Nov 22 2017
2 day residential
Imperial Hotel, Park Hill Road, Torquay, Devon, TQ1 2DG
An annual conference for Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) Pension Managers and others working in related fields
This conference has been providing opportunities for networking, sharing knowledge and hearing from experts since October 2001. There have been many changes in the political, financial and legislative landscapes over this time. The Pension Managers' annual conference ensures ongoing professional development and raises awareness of new initiatives and contemporary challenges.
Sessions provide opportunities to:
- Consider current topics of relevance to Pension Managers and related pension policy issues
- Look ahead to new policies and issues
- Meet and network with others working within similar or related fields
Topics for this year's conference include:
- DCLG Update - Jeremy Hughes: LGPS System Stewardship
- LGA Update - Jeff Houston: Head of Pensions
- Getting Your Act Together - Nick Gannon, Policy Lead: The Pensions Regulator
- Data Improvement for the LGPS - Maurice Titley, Director & Matt Dodds, Senior Client Relationship Manager: ITM
- Costing Pensions Risks - Neil Mason, Senior Adviser Pension Fund and Treasury: Surrey County Council
- HMRC and the LGPS - Teresa Bartram, External Stakeholder Manager Team Leader: HMRC
- Progress with Academies and the LGPS Project - Bob Holloway, Pensions Secretary: LGA
- Legal Update - Gary Delderfield, Partner: Eversheds
- Union Perspective - Glyn Jenkins, Head of Pensions: Unison
Workshops currently include:
- Managing Risky Employers
- Exit Payments
- Action Plans for TPR issues
- National Frameworks
- The Pension Managers' Conference - future expectations
Sponsorship opportunities are available - please contact us for further information.
NB Please do not use the standard application form for this event but use one of the application forms below:
Residential: Pension Managers Conference 2017 - Residential
Day Delegate Only: Pension Managers Conference 2017 - Day Delegate
email@example.com or call 01823 270101
Some comments from previous attendees:
“This was the first time at the event and we were impressed by the organisation, content and engagement at the Conference. Well done to the organisers"
"This was a remarkable conference and everyone participated very well"
"Once again, an event that had something for everyone, the must go to event of the year"
"This was the first time I've attended this conference but it certainly won't be the last"
"Everything ran like clockwork which must have been down to the good organisation of the staff involved. Well done all!"
Member Organisations: £392
Non-Member Organisations: £445
Member Organisations: £320
Non-Member Organisations: £372
(All prices subject to VAT. Discounts for multiple bookings may apply)