Events & Training
We offer a range of support to equip Members and Officers with the knowledge and skills they need to meet the needs of their communities.
Training and Event schedule, click here...
Forthcoming events are:
- Jun 7, Local Government Structure
- Jun 7, Political Awareness
- Jun 8, Job Evaluation - GLPC Scheme
- Jun 15, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Jun 19, DCATS Intelligence and Investigative Procedures
- Jun 20, South West Coaching and Mentoring Conference 2017
- Jun 26, DCATS Agriculture (Trading Standards Institute)
- Jul 4, Job Evaluation - NJC Scheme
- Jul 14, Essential Skills for the 21st Century Councillor
- Jul 14, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Jul 20, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Aug 17, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
Disclosure Barring Online Service
This Service provides a secure online environment with our partners NEREO, to provide a speedy, economical and high quality DBS service based on absolute accuracy and efficiency that will enhance your safeguarding process.
Online DBS enables organisations with a legitimate requirement to ask individuals to apply for disclosures, to gain access top this information quickly and efficiently.
HR & Employment Services
South West Councils has extensive experience of providing both employment support and training opportunities for local government staff and others.
In response to new challenges facing the public sector , we offer a range of practical support and advice to help develop and maintain a skilled and motivated worksforce. Our team of professionally qualified and experienced specialists offer the following services:
- Employment Advice and Consultancy
- Education HR Advice
- Recruitment and Staff Development
- National Pay and Pensions Negotiations
- Conferences and Workshops
Our services are summarised in a leaflet which can be downloaded here.