Events & Training
We offer a range of support to equip Members and Officers with the knowledge and skills they need to meet the needs of their communities.
Training and Event schedule, click here...
Forthcoming events are:
- Dec 13, South West Councils and South West Regional PPMA HR Conference 2017
- Dec 21, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Jan 1, Team Leader/Supervisor
- Jan 18, Mentoring/Coaching
- Jan 18, Coaching & Mentoring
- Jan 18, Executive Coaching & Mentoring
- Jan 23, Apprenticeships in our Region - Sharing the Learning
- Jan 30, Introduction to Coaching
- May 17, Annual Administrative, Executive and Personal Assistants Conference 2018
- Jun 26, South West Coaching and Mentoring Conference 2018
- Oct 4, South West Challenge 2018
Epaycheck: National Pay Benchmarking Service
A secure pay benchmarking facility, developed for the public sector by the public sector. Launched to local authorities across the country in 2012, the service has already attracted more than half of our councils to register for this data sharing service.
Epaycheck is delivered through a nationwide network of Regional Employers' Organisations who provide the front end service in their localities and actively work with their users to collect, monitor and quality assure the data available to report against.
Senior Pay Executive Summary
The executive summary of a review of chief executive and chief officer roles, released on 4th September, is available on our website. The full report to assist in decision-making, benchmarking, policy development and workforce planning will be available to Epaycheck subscribers shortly.
For more information on Epaycheck .....
HR & Employment Services
South West Councils has extensive experience of providing both employment support and training opportunities for local government staff and others.
In response to new challenges facing the public sector , we offer a range of practical support and advice to help develop and maintain a skilled and motivated worksforce. Our team of professionally qualified and experienced specialists offer the following services:
- Employment Advice and Consultancy
- Education HR Advice
- Recruitment and Staff Development
- National Pay and Pensions Negotiations
- Conferences and Workshops
Our services are summarised in a leaflet which can be downloaded here.