Covid-19 - Here to Help
Please find signposts to information on Covid-19. We will endeavour to update on a regular basis, we are also regularly emailing our member organisations as new information emerges and continuing with our newsletters bringing together headline information. Remember our Employment Team have an advice line where you can talk to someone about HR issues you have Covid-19 related or not - 01823 425222.
- The UK Government’s COVID-19 recovery strategy
- BEIS Working Safely through Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance
- Safer Public Spaces Guidance
- Covid-19: Getting Tested (updated 4 May)
- Critical Workers List COVID-19
- LGA Information for councils (updated daily)
- Public Health England (updated daily)
- Government Updates (updated daily)
- Coronavirus Update for Apprenticeship (updated 24 April)
- HMRC Guidance covering furloughed apprentices (updated 1 May 2020)
- Job Retention Scheme (updated 1 May 2020)
- Apply to be an NHS volunteer helper
- COVID-19 Cases Tracker (updated daily)
- Household Waste and Recycling Centres Guidance
- Actions for Higher Education Providers
- Post Office Payout Service
HR & Employment Services
South West Councils
In response to requests from local authorities, SW Councils has developed a practical guide to Councillors' Allowances and a core database of regional information. This will be invaluable to Independent Remuneration Panels (IRP) in determining their recommendations to local authorities and will help to avoid excessive alternative benchmarking.
The report of the Councillors’ Commission and the subsequent Local Democracy Act was informed by a review of the incentives and barriers facing councillors, in which allowances play an important role. The results of the surveys provide sound comparative information to independent panels. IRP Chairs now meet annually to consider the findings of the surveys and the latest developments in Government.
The paper and spreadsheets below outlines figures obtained in 2009/10, 2007/08 and 2006/07.
Where IRP Chairs are seeking help for panels, particularly where there is a need for training or for ongoing help throughout a review, South West Councils can also provide independent advice through the Chief Executive or one of her senior officers and associates. Please contact Karen Stone for more information.
Download related documents
- Role Guide - PDF format (540 Kb)