Covid-19 - Here to Help
Please find signposts to information on Covid-19. We will endeavour to update on a regular basis, we are also regularly emailing our member organisations as new information emerges and continuing with our newsletters bringing together headline information. Remember our Employment Team have an advice line where you can talk to someone about HR issues you have Covid-19 related or not - 01823 425222.
- The UK Government’s COVID-19 recovery strategy
- BEIS Working Safely through Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance
- Safer Public Spaces Guidance
- Covid-19: Getting Tested (updated 4 May)
- Critical Workers List COVID-19
- LGA Information for councils (updated daily)
- Public Health England (updated daily)
- Government Updates (updated daily)
- Coronavirus Update for Apprenticeship (updated 24 April)
- HMRC Guidance covering furloughed apprentices (updated 1 May 2020)
- Job Retention Scheme (updated 1 May 2020)
- Apply to be an NHS volunteer helper
- COVID-19 Cases Tracker (updated daily)
- Household Waste and Recycling Centres Guidance
- Actions for Higher Education Providers
- Post Office Payout Service
HR & Employment Services
South West Councils
South West Councils
South West Councils draws together local authority Leaders from the county, unitary and district councils in the South West, police, fire & rescue services and parish and town councils .
South West Councils was established in its current form in April 2011. The current Chairman is Cllr John Hart, Conservative Leader of Devon County Council.
To view the full membership of South West Councils click here.
The core function of South West Councils, supported by a small team of officers, is to
- Support member authorities as Employers, encouraging improved performance and capacity across the region through the provision of high quality HR advice and support, and sharing of accessible information and knowledge on a range of relevant issues.
- Assist member authorities and associate members to enhance capacity and service delivery through developmental activites for improved performance and efficiency.
- Support authorities in having a voice, built on consensus, of issues on national policy and funding working with national Local Government Group, when this is deemed appropriate by Members.
The full membership meets at least twice a year. There is also a Resource and Management Committee, which oversees day-to-day business and an Employers' Panel which acts as the Employers' side in joint work with Unions on Provincial Council.