HR and Employment Services
South West Councils has extensive experience of providing employment support.
Our team of professionally qualified and experienced specialists offer high quality independent Employment Advice free to member organisations including:
- Terms and Conditions for local government staff and school staff including teachers
- Day to day problematic employee relations
We also provide consultancy (at discounted rates to member organisations) on:
- Recruitment and Workforce Development including suport via pyschometric testing and 360° appraisal
- Job Evaluation / Pay and Grading
- Disciplinary and Grievance Investigations
- Pre-Tribunal Conciliation
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- Conferences and Workshops
Our services are summarised in a leaflet which can be downloaded Leaflet.
Epaycheck: National Pay Benchmarking Service
Epaycheck is the national online pay benchmarking service developed for local government by local government. It enables participating councils to share and compare pay and reward data for all Chief Officer roles and a range of other job families of sector-wide interest.
Focused reports are produced periodically using data from Epaycheck. These reports are available at no additional cost to authorities subscribing to the service, the annual subscription fee for which is currently a modest £200.
We hope that this report demonstrates the value, quantity and depth of the data available on Epaycheck. Users in subscribing organisations can also log in to Epaycheck to access all the information in ‘real time’, including new pre-set public reports providing full data on each job family at the touch of a button.
For further information on the Epaycheck system please click here. For any queries about the report or any aspect of Epaycheck, please contact your Regional Administrator, email@example.com.
South West Councils
South West Councils draws together local authority Leaders from the county, unitary and district councils in the South West, police, fire & rescue services and parish and town councils .
South West Councils was established in its current form in April 2011. The current Chairman is Cllr John Hart, Conservative Leader of Devon County Council.
To view the full membership of South West Councils click here.
The core function of South West Councils, supported by a small team of officers, is to
- Support member authorities as Employers, encouraging improved performance and capacity across the region through the provision of high quality HR advice and support, and sharing of accessible information and knowledge on a range of relevant issues.
- Assist member authorities and associate members to enhance capacity and service delivery through developmental activites for improved performance and efficiency.
- Support authorities in having a voice, built on consensus, of issues on national policy and funding working with national Local Government Group, when this is deemed appropriate by Members.
The full membership meets at least twice a year. There is also a Resource and Management Committee, which oversees day-to-day business and an Employers' Panel which acts as the Employers' side in joint work with Unions on Provincial Council.