From Oct 28, 2019 to Oct 30 2019
3 day residential
Toorak Hotel, Chesnut Avenue, Torquay, Devon TQ2 5JS
This course is for staff in County Councils who deal with pension matters and for Unitary/District Council personnel who perform a liaison function with the County Council 'Administering Authority' and deal with pensions in their own authority. It is also suitable for pension staff from other public bodies, subject to the Local Government Pension Scheme
This course provides participants with a general knowledge of the administration of the Local Government Pension Scheme and the method of calculation of the range of scheme benefits by the use of practical examples. The course also examines the role of central government in the development of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- The pensions choice
- Statutory basis of LGPS, membership criteria and entitlements
- Contributions and the pension fund
- In-scheme Additional Voluntary Contributions
- Benefits upon retirement, early leavers' benefits and death benefits
- Transfer of pension rights
- Payment of pensions
- Redundancy and compensation
- New developments and the national scene
email@example.com or call 01823 270101
"Excellent range of content"
"Good varied presentations with good practical demonstrations"
Member Organisations: £705
Non-Member Organisations: £750
(All prices subject to VAT)
Previous Skills / Knowledge required:
To gain maximum advantage from this course, attendees require a minimum of 6 months relevant experience as they may struggle if they do not have this.