Covid-19 - Here to Help
Please find signposts to information on Covid-19. We will endeavour to update on a regular basis, we are also regularly emailing our member organisations as new information emerges and continuing with our newsletters bringing together headline information. Remember our Employment Team have an advice line where you can talk to someone about HR issues you have Covid-19 related or not - 01823 425222.
- The UK Government’s COVID-19 recovery strategy
- BEIS Working Safely through Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance
- Safer Public Spaces Guidance
- Covid-19: Getting Tested (updated 4 May)
- Critical Workers List COVID-19
- LGA Information for councils (updated daily)
- Public Health England (updated daily)
- Government Updates (updated daily)
- Coronavirus Update for Apprenticeship (updated 24 April)
- HMRC Guidance covering furloughed apprentices (updated 1 May 2020)
- Job Retention Scheme (updated 1 May 2020)
- Apply to be an NHS volunteer helper
- COVID-19 Cases Tracker (updated daily)
- Household Waste and Recycling Centres Guidance
- Actions for Higher Education Providers
- Post Office Payout Service
HR & Employment Services
South West Councils
Independent Remuneration Panel
Allowances for elected councillors have to be determined by councils following consideration of recommendations by Independent Remuneration Panels (hereafter referred to as “Panels”). These Panels operate within a framework set down in legislation.
North Devon Council is seeking to appoint one new Member to its Independent Remuneration Panel.
North Devon Council comprises 43 Councillors who are elected to determine the policies and priorities of the Council. Councillors undertake a wide range of roles and receive a basic allowance, and sometimes a special responsibility allowance, in accordance with the Council’s Members’ Allowances Scheme. Although primarily concerned with determining payment to Councillors, the scheme may also provide for allowances to be paid to a small number of non elected, co-opted Members.
In accordance with the legislative requirements, North Devon Council has established an Independent Remuneration Panel to advise the Council on its Scheme for Members' Allowances and the nature and level of allowances to be paid.
A vacancy has occurred on the Panel and applications are invited from interested persons to serve on the Panel. Ideally the Panel comprises representatives of the public, private and third sectors.
To be eligible you should:
- Know the area well along with its broad community issues
- Be impartial and committed to accountability, honesty, openness and equality
- Have a good understanding of local government and the role of Members.
Meetings will be held as and when required but at least annually.
You will be paid expenses and full training will be provided.
Anybody interested in applying should ring (01271) 388253 for an application pack.
Closing Date for applications is 2nd January 2018.