HR and Employment Services
South West Councils has extensive experience of providing employment support.
Our team of professionally qualified and experienced specialists offer high quality independent Employment Advice free to member organisations including:
- Terms and Conditions for local government staff and school staff including teachers
- Day to day problematic employee relations
We also provide consultancy (at discounted rates to member organisations) on:
- Recruitment and Workforce Development including suport via pyschometric testing and 360° appraisal
- Job Evaluation / Pay and Grading
- Disciplinary and Grievance Investigations
- Pre-Tribunal Conciliation
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- Conferences and Workshops
Our services are summarised in a leaflet which can be downloaded Leaflet.
Epaycheck: National Pay Benchmarking Service
A secure pay benchmarking facility, developed for the public sector by the public sector. Launched to local authorities across the country in 2012, the service has already attracted more than half of our councils to register for this data sharing service.
Epaycheck is delivered through a nationwide network of Regional Employers' Organisations who provide the front end service in their localities and actively work with their users to collect, monitor and quality assure the data available to report against.
Senior Pay Executive Summary
The executive summary of a review of chief executive and chief officer roles, released on 4th September, is available on our website. The full report to assist in decision-making, benchmarking, policy development and workforce planning will be available to Epaycheck subscribers shortly.
For more information on Epaycheck .....
Learning and Development Services
South West Councils is a long established training provider for local government and the wider public sector and is increasingly engaging with private and third sector organisations.
Our team of professionally qualified and experienced specialists deliver a wide range of developmental training and fully accredited qualifications, including End-Point Assessment for apprenticeships.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss our cost-effective training solutions. Almost all of our courses can be delivered on an in-house basis at your premises if you have a group or wish to collaborate with another organisation. We also have some distance learning qualification options.
Full training events schedule
All new apprenticeship Standards require an End-Point Assessment (EPA) which is a holistic assessment of the knowledge, skills and behaviour that has been covered throughout the apprenticeship programme. EPA can only be carried out by an approved End-Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO) using Independent Assessors (IAs) that are not in any way involved in the delivery of the apprenticeship or the employment of the apprentice. The process can be compared to learning to drive with End-Point Assessment being the final theory and practical tests.
For more information on End-Point Assessment, click here or contact us on email@example.com.
Looking for a town centre location for a meeting?
Meeting rooms at Dennett House are now available to hire.
Hire includes some free Car Parking and tea and coffee refreshments. Lunch is available on request.
To find out more click here.
We are looking for a SW Strategic Migration Partnership Officer who will have lead responsibility to develop and manage work programmes, build and maintain strong, effective networks and to act as principal policy advisor to the SWSMP on emerging migration policy.
South West Councils team, working with the GC Index® empowers organisations to drive performance and achieve innovation goals by transforming their approach to talent management.
Adult Safeguarding Serious Case Reviews and Safeguarding Adult Reviews
In 2017 South West ADASS commissioned a thematic review of Adult Safeguarding Serious Case Reviews and Safeguarding Adult Reviews, undertaken in the region between 2013-2017.
South West Councils News
The latest news and information from across local government in the region.
For latest press release, click here .....View latest Newsletter here
Events & Training
We offer a range of support to equip Members and Officers with the knowledge and skills they need to meet the needs of their communities.
Training and Event schedule, click here...
Forthcoming events are:
- Mar 15, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Apr 9, Intelligence & Investigative Principles Revision Day
- Apr 11, Mentoring/Coaching
- Apr 11, Coaching & Mentoring
- Apr 11, Executive Coaching & Mentoring
- Apr 16, Introduction to Coaching
- Apr 19, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- May 8, Introduction to Coaching Supervision
- May 11, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- May 17, Annual Administrative, Executive and Personal Assistants Conference 2018
- Jun 8, Job Evaluation - GLPC Scheme
- Jun 12, Local Government Structure
- Jun 12, Political Awareness
- Jun 18, DCATS Intelligence & Investigative Procedures
- Jun 21, Job Evaluation - NJC Scheme
- Jun 21, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Jun 26, South West Coaching and Mentoring Conference 2018
- Jun 27, DCATS Product Safety
- Jul 19, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Aug 16, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Sep 19, Coaching Supervision
- Sep 20, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Oct 2, Successful Recruitment
- Oct 3, Management of Volunteers
- Oct 4, South West Challenge 2018
The Charter for Member Development supports Councils to adopt a structured approach to councillor development and support, and to building elected Member capacity, which is essential for any council dedicated to meeting the needs of its community.
Community Leadership Awards have been designed specifically for Councillors and other Community Leaders:
For more information, click here or call 01823 270101